Certain supplements may aid in the reduction of high blood pressure. Read on to find out what supplements you should keep your eye on!
High blood pressure affects more than 30% of the world’s population and is regarded as the biggest modifiable risk factor for heart disease and premature death.
Nonetheless, several techniques, such as eating a nutritious diet, stopping smoking, limiting alcohol use, exercising, and decreasing excess body fat, might help you lower your blood pressure.
Furthermore, several nutrients have been demonstrated to aid in the reduction of high blood pressure.
8 Supplements to reduce high blood pressure
Magnesium is a mineral that is essential for numerous body activities, including the regulation of blood pressure.
A review of 11 randomized controlled trials discovered that taking magnesium at 365-450 mg per day for an average of 3.6 months effectively decreased blood pressure in persons with chronic medical disorders.
3. Vitamin B
Several B vitamins may aid in lowering blood pressure. For example, Vitamin B2 supplements have been shown to help reduce blood pressure in adults. Folic acid and folate pills, generally known as vitamin B9, may also reduce blood pressure in heart disease patients. In addition, a higher folate consumption in young adulthood may protect against the development of this illness later in life.
Potassium may be the most well-known nutritional component for regulating blood pressure. According to studies, increasing your consumption of food or supplements can reduce your blood pressure. Potassium functions by facilitating sodium excretion through the urine and aiding in the relaxation of blood vessels.
5. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a water-soluble substance that is essential for numerous bodily activities.
In a meta-analysis of eight studies involving individuals with hypertension, ingesting 300-1,000 mg of vitamin C per day considerably lowered their blood pressure.
This root vegetable enhances blood flow and oxygen supply to the muscles; therefore, athletes frequently use beetroot supplements to enhance their exercise performance. Intriguingly, beetroot supplements have been demonstrated to lower blood pressure in both individuals with and without hypertension.
Probiotics are helpful bacteria that occur naturally in the intestines. Numerous health advantages, including a reduction in blood pressure, are associated with these bacteria-containing supplements.
Research indicates that ginger supplements with a high dosage may help reduce hypertension. Ginger supplements significantly decreased blood pressure in individuals 50 years of age and younger when taken at quantities of 3 grams or more per day for 8 weeks or less, according to a review of 6 trials.
Save money on blood pressure medications with NSURx
Aside from eating a heart-healthy diet, avoiding certain foods, and taking supplements to lower your blood pressure, taking medications may also be a solution for you.
However, blood pressure medications can be expensive, regardless of if you are insured or uninsured. Out of pocket costs for blood pressure medications can cost up to $500.00!
NSURx is a prescription discount card that can help you save money on your high blood medication prescriptions.
Download your NSURx today to start benefitting from being an active user, including:
- Instant savings! NSURx offers instant Rx discounts at the register on both brand name and generic prescription medication. You can save up to 80% on the cost of your prescriptions!
- Use in a wide network of pharmacies. NSURx gives you discounts in a network of 35,000 participating pharmacies across the county, including chain pharmacies from Walgreens to Walmart and independent retail pharmacies
- Free crypto rewards. Every time you buy your prescriptions using your NSURx card, you will also receive NSUR Coin tokens as a reward! These rewards will be loaded into your account within 60 days of your prescription purchase.
- No enrollment fee and no usage limits. NSURx is free to download & use immediately. Moreover, you can use NSURx for any Rx discount covered by our program.
Anyone can use NSURx, but it is best suited for:
- Those with limited insurance or no Rx coverage. NSURx can reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- Those with health insurance, medicare or high deductible health plans. NSURx can reduce the cost of medications not covered by insurance and / or find a lower price than your insurance copay.
- Those with pets. NSURx can reduce out-of-pocket costs on human-equivalent pet medications.
Download your NSURx card today!