Cabometyx (cabozantinib) is used to treat:
- Progressive renal cell carcinoma (RCC; a type of cancer that begins in the cells of the kidneys).
- In combination with nivolumab (Opdivo) to treat advanced RCC in individuals who have not previously undergone RCC therapy.
- To cure hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC; a form of liver cancer) in patients who have previously received sorafenib treatment (Nexafar).
- To treat a specific form of thyroid cancer in adults and children aged 12 and up that has spread to nearby tissues or other areas of the body, has not responded to prior therapy, and cannot be treated with radioactive iodine.
How to Use Cabometyx?
Before you begin taking cabozantinib, and each time you get a prescription, read the Patient Information Leaflet if it is accessible from your pharmacy. If you have any concerns, consult your doctor or pharmacy.
Because various forms of this medication (capsules, tablets) are used to treat distinct kinds of cancer, do not switch forms unless instructed to do so by your doctor.
Take this medicine by mouth, typically once daily, as instructed by your doctor. Do not take with food. Take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Eat nothing for at least 2 hours before your dosage and for at least 1 hour afterward.
To get the most out of this medicine, take it at the same time every day..
The dosage is determined by your medical state, therapy response, and any other drugs you may be taking. Inform your doctor and chemist about all of the goods you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
Do not increase your dose or use this medication more frequently or for an extended period of time than recommended. Your health will not improve more quickly, and your chances of experiencing adverse effects will increase.
Side Effects of Cabometyx
- difficulty breathing,
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or/and throat,
- severe stomach pain,
- choking or gagging feeling when you eat or/and drink,
- severe ongoing constipation,
- bloody or tarry stools,
- cough with bloody mucus,
- vomit that looks like coffee grounds,
- heavy menstrual bleeding,
- bleeding that will not stop,
- pain, blisters, bleeding, or severe rash in the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet,
- swelling in your hands, arms, legs, or feet,
- vision changes,
- thinking problems,
- jaw pain or numbness,
- red or swollen gums,
- loose teeth,
- slow healing after dental work,
- chest pain or pressure,
- pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder,
- numbness or weakness on one side of your body,
- sudden severe headache,
- problems with vision or balance,
- trouble speaking,
- difficulty understanding what is said to you,
- swelling or pain in your arms or legs,
Take advantage of NSURx for your prescription drugs!
With the NSURx Prescription Benefit Card, you can save money on your Cabometyx medications at more than 35,000 pharmacies across the United States.
You can save up to 80% on your medication by using an NSURx card. Hundreds of dollars in savings could be yours every time you fill out your prescription.
The more you shop with NSURx, the more NSUR Coins you will receive as a reward.